Phoenix Rising: Week 1 of My Embodied Healing Journey

Today I received the email from Nisha, the amazing coach who is going to take me though her 8-week coaching program. Called Rebirth: Phoenix rising. Like the title says, it's an 8-week sacred journey of emotional release, somatic healing, and embodied transformation. I have no idea what to expect or how this will go but I am super excited to try it and to learn. 

Nisha is a new member in my coaching group. We met about a month or so ago I think. I really liked her energy and knew right away I wanted to work with her in some capacity. We scheduled a call and chatted for about 30 minutes, and we decided I was going to particípate her 8 week program to provide user experience type feedback. Total win win! Honestly, I have had the idea that I wanted to provide this service to coaching programs. To go through their program and help them make it better. So, here I am! Actually, doing that! This shit doesn't happen by accident! 

First thing I did was an intake form, that at first, I was not prepared to do. I tried to do it while I was running errands and it got to asking me deeper questions than I had anticipated! Phew, I had to take a moment and come back to it, by creating intentional time and space to sit down and complete this form. once I submitted it, I felt like I had already done something! Like I felt lighter already! 

So that brings us back to the email I received today. It was a lovely email from Nisha with the details we would need about program logistics along with a Grocery + shopping list. Gah! It was so overwhelming! There are a lot of things on the list mostly essential oils and herbs, some things I already have. Most I didn't and didn't even know what they were. Nisha provided websites for good quality places to purchase the items which was super helpful. It took me a good two hours of combing the interwebs and comparing prices and making sure I got everything on the list. I spent about $200 on everything thus far and still have some supplies to get, including the weekly groceries for the daily detox juice. 

I am pretty excited for what is to come! My first call in this Wednesday so, week 1 is about to Begin. I decided to blog about this weekly because I really wanted to make sure I was tracking my progress and journey. Also, Nisha gave us some Optional Pre Work, with the first thing on it to "write a Why I'm Ready" letter to myself. I was trying to think which journal, or notebook, or google doc or OneNote page to write it on and this seemed like the best platform. I want to add pictures and what not here too! 

Let's end this first post with my "Why I'm Ready" letter to myself:

Dear Jefa Chingona, 

Here we are about to start week 1 of this rebirth program. I am ready to do this because about this time last year I started to focus on my physical health again. It has been a long year, with so many moving parts, physical therapy, personal training, chiropractor, mental health therapy, Invisalign, breast reduction surgery just to name a few things! Then I started my business coaching program and realized there was so much more underneath that had to be uncovered and I spent he second half of the past year unlearning and reclaiming. I know my body has changed a lot and until I met Nisha, didn't know that we carry emotional weight. It makes sense and I know there are many people out there in the wellness community who know this... I am/was clearly not one of those people. I have been feeling for months that my trauma wasn't done moving out of my body and I have been hoping to learn how to do it. I say hoping because I hadn't done any actions to really look into it or try to understand. I just hoped that something would come my way and believed that it would when the time was right... Boom... Nisha joined our coaching group and here we are. Diving timing amiright?!  This how I know that everything is working out for me!

Con Amor y Cariño,



Picture of me taken at the retreat I was just on a little over a week ago. I am practicing being brave! I love my body in general and appreciate it for everything it does for me, but I don't love this belly and lower body weight I have accumulated over the past 2 ish years. Not sure if its cortisol belly or perimenopause or emotional weight but whatever it is, let the journey begin to focus on releasing it! I am now ready to come home to my body! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Phoenix Rising: Returning to What My Body Already Knew